Re: Changing the default font to arial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30762] Re: [mg30717] Changing the default font to arial
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 03:27:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Roger W. wrote:

> does anyone know how change the font mathematica uses from curier new
> to arial.  It becomes very tedious to do the work then having to
> select it and then choose arial every time.  Personally I can't stand
> the curier font - it is not as elegant as arial and is too "boxy" to
> adequately display the characters.

It would probably help you immensely to become familiar with notebook
cell styles, which provide a means for specifying the properties of cells
that serve a particular structural purpose.

Andre Kuzniarek presented a talk on this topic at the 1998 Worldwide
Mathematica Conference.  You can find his talk materials at this URL:

http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/conference98/abstracts/document_formatting_strategies.html

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com