Help w/ Mathematica: simple stuff
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30764] Help w/ Mathematica: simple stuff
- From: sophtwarez at yahoo.com (Daita Mizohu)
- Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello all, I'm a mathematica novice and only doing basic calculus. We have a question that is as follows: y=a y'[x]=(r*y[x])/x Explain Mathematica output of... y[x]=ax^r I guess I don't understand what x is doing in the denominator. The y=a part is straight forward; when x is 1 then no matter what constant r is it will be 1. I also know from my material that when y[x]=kE^rx then y'[x]=r*y[x]. Thanks much, Daita, M.