speed comparison of Strong pseudoprime test and Lucas test
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30808] speed comparison of Strong pseudoprime test and Lucas test
- From: guptass at rediffmail.com (Shyam Sunder Gupta)
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:16:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Math Forum
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to know the comparison of speed of one lucas test versus speed of one strong pseudoprime test to one base say base 2. Certainly Lucas test is more time consuming than strong pseudoprime test . Will it be speedier if PrimeQ function is based on 7 Strong pseudoprime test rather than 2 strong pseudoprime test and one lucas test for prime certification of numbers upto 10^16.