Re: Geometry Utility, drawing technique

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30789] Re: Geometry Utility, drawing technique
  • From: gah at math.umd.edu (Garry Helzer)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:16:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In 1991 or 1992 (Mathematica version 1.?) I wrote a package to do this
sort of thing and put it into MathSource. I suppose that it is still
there.

The package is described in The Mathematica Journal, Volume 2, Issue 3 pp.
61--69.  The name of the package is CompassAndStraightEdge.m

In article <9ncfo9$pso$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Allan Hayes"
<hay at haystack.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Matthias,
> admit that there is something that Mathematica is unsuitable for, but
> introducing children to elementary straight edge and compass geometry is I
> think one such thing
. . .