Re: Speed issue with MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30900] Re: Speed issue with MathLink
  • From: tgayley at wolfram.com (Todd Gayley)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 02:16:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 05:10:27 +0000 (UTC), Magnus Paulsson <mpaulsso at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:

>I've just moved a mathematica program comunicating
>with some c-code from Mathematica 4.0, Mathlink 3
>Rev 7. To Mathematica 4.1, MathLink 4 Rev 8. Both
>running under Solaris 8. On the newer version the
>communication between the c-code and mathematica
>is very slow (sometimes giving a CPU user number
>as low as 5% with the rest idle). Have anyone else
>noticed this? Are there any fix to the problem?

>Magnus Paulsson, Ph.D.  mpaulsso at ecn.pxuxrxdxuxe.edu
>(Office) 765-494-3365       (Home) 765-497-1224

Magnus,

This is a known problem with that release of MathLink on UNIX/Linux. You
should link your program against an older MathLink library (like the one
from Mathematica 4.0), or a newer one (like the one from Mathematica 4.1.2).
I'm sure that technical support would be happy to send you an appropriate
library if you don't still have your old 4.0 one.

--Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research