Re: information on Eigensystem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33582] Re: [mg33574] information on Eigensystem
  • From: zleyk at tca.net
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 03:36:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Eigensystem, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors in Mathematica (versions 3.x and
4.x) are based on the numerical package EISPACK, or to be more precise, this
part of EISPACK which computes eigenvalues/eigenvectors for general square
matrices. Mathematica does not have a specialized code for dealing with
symmetric matrices.

Zbigniew Leyk