Re: information on Eigensystem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33594] Re: information on Eigensystem
  • From: Bettina <bho at em.uni-karlsruhe.de>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:13:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi
I have another question concerning Eigensystem: I try to get the
Eigensystem for heritian (complex) matrices. Following my test matrix
M={{65,3+6i,12-6i,4-2i},{3-6i,30,0,30},{12+6i,0,9,3},{4+2i,30,3,46}}.
But if I try to get Eigensystem[M] nothing comes up. What could be the
problem? I have already found out (archive) that there seem to be some
special effects when using Eigensystem on complex matrices, but these
messages dated from 1999 and 2000. Has anything changed since then? Is
there a way to solve my problem?
Thanks for help
Bettina