LiveGraphics 3D, Browsers and MacOS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33622] LiveGraphics 3D, Browsers and MacOS X
  • From: boccio <boccio at swarthmore.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:08:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a webMathematica setup working on a G4 with 10.1.3.

Apache web server +
  jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 +
     mod_webapps +
       Mathematica 4.1 X

All the test programs work on

Netscape Communicator 4.75 (in Classic)
Internet Explorer 5.1.3 in X

Almost all work on

Omnweb 4.1b1 on X
iCab Pre 2.7.1 on X
Netscape 6.2.2 on X
Mozilla 0.9 on X

except for those requiring LiveGraphics 3D.

Since it works on 2 of the 6 browsers I will assume that
my setup is working.

What is LiveGraphics 3D?

On the modules that do not work on some browsers,
LiveGraphics 3D is need for rotations, etc...

The non-working browsers seem to try to load it but cannot
find it.

The working browsers just seem to work. I did not do
anything special to put LiveGraphics 3D into them.

Why can some browsers load it and others not?

I have the live.jar stuff installed as part of my setup.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

John Boccio
boccio at swarthmore.edu