Question from newbabie

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33831] Question from newbabie
  • From: Hiu Chung Law <antispam at antispam.org>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi... I am new to Mathematica, so please forgive me if this question
is naive.

Can you tell me how can I do the following?

Differentiate the log likelihood for multi-variate Gaussian with
respect to the covariance matrix, and then solve the log-likelihood
equation..

I know how to do that manually, but I would like to learn how to
do that in Mathematica. Thank you.