notebooks and os chrash

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35809] notebooks and os chrash
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at donne.imtek.uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:41:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am looking for a feature in the mathematica front end editor that behaves
like e.g vi in case of an OS crash:

vi offers the option to recover the currently edited file at the time of
the crash. So additionaly to your last saved version you can recover the
latest changes that you incoperated and have not saved so far. Is there a
similar feature in the mathematica front end, and how would I activate
this?

Simply using save is irritating since at times I wish to rearrange greater
pieces of code without saving the change until the code does what it is
supposed to.

thanks for any help and hints,

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at imtek.de>
   Phone: ++49 +761 203 7293