How to simulate the Doppler Effect ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35833] How to simulate the Doppler Effect ?
  • From: timreh719 at yahoo.com.tw (bryan)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 00:16:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All:
  I want to make an animation that simulate the Doppler Effect, just 2D
circles travel out one by one, and at the same time,the origin of the
wave also moves toward one direction. I have no idea to make the speed
of the wave origin and the speed of traveling wave independent.Is
anyone has any idea to create the animation ?? Thanks in advance.
                                        sincerely               bryan