How to import multiple data for tables

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35967] How to import multiple data for tables
  • From: Bettina <bho at em.uni-karlsruhe.de>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:05:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi
I have a lot of different files, containing data (already formatted for
mathematica) which is supposed to be imported as tables with names
derived from the original file name. Problem being:
Scan[(StringDrop[#,-4]=Import[#];DeleteFile[#])&,FileNameList] only
gives "StringDrop protected....". What I also do not like about the
above command is, that the data files are deleted. How can I get what I
would like to have?
Thanks for the help.
Bettina