Getting R, G and B numerical values pixel by pixel from color photos?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36029] Getting R, G and B numerical values pixel by pixel from color photos?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:22:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to extract numerical values for the separate R, G and B channel
intensities, on a pixel by pixel basis, for specific (limited) regions
in color photos (JPEG, TIFF, whatever), on a Mac, preferably while I'm
viewing the region I'm examining.

Any readily available software to do this?  Can PhotoShop Elements,
GraphicConverter, or Mathematica do it?

Thanks for any assistance; email cc of reply appreciated.