RE: Obtaining sequences from lists of lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36209] RE: [mg36168] Obtaining sequences from lists of lists
  • From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:07:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

f[Sequence@@{{a,b}, {a,b}, {a,b}}]

f[{a, b}, {a, b}, {a, b}]

Bobby Treat

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob [mailto:rdobrow at carleton.edu]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Can anyone help me with this problem.

If I have an n-element list, (say where each element is itself a
list), such as {{a,b}, {a,b}, {a,b}}
is there a way to strip off the outermost nesting of the list to
obtain just a sequence of of these n elements, that is
{a,b},{a,b},{a,b} so that I can use this for input for some function.

I would like to do something like
Outer[SomeFunction, Table[{a,b},{N} ]] where I can enter N
dynamically.
The problem, of course, is that the output of the Table command is one
big list
and Outer is expecting a sequence of N separate lists after
SomeFunction.

Thanks for your help in advance.