[Q] Simulating Brownian Motion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36324] [Q] Simulating Brownian Motion
  • From: Janusz Kawczak <jkawczak at math.uncc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:26:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

does anyone know whether there is an effective way of simulating
paths of Brownian motion (Wiener process) in dimensions 1, 2, 3?
I could you a random walk approach, but this seems to be computationally

not very efficient and I am not sure whether it is even a good
approximation to the 3-D BM. Any help on Mathematica coding
and in the forms of algorithms will be greatly appreciated.

Janusz Kawczak.