Drawing and Filling closed objects of arbitrary shape?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38114] Drawing and Filling closed objects of arbitrary shape?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:32:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm drawing various closed objects of arbitrary shape (thick lenses, for
example) using sequences of Lines and segments of Circles (arcs), and
then would like to Fill them with a specified color.  How to do the Fill?

(I suppose I could do this as a very complex polygon, replacing the arcs
by many short line segments and building up the whole object as a
lengthy list of points; but that seems like a pain.)

"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    Lord Acton (1834-1902)
"Dependence on advertising tends to corrupt.  Total dependence
    on advertising  corrupts totally." (today's equivalent)