Re: Mathematica Documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38106] Re: Mathematica Documentation
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:32:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"DGolber" <dgolber at aol.com> wrote in message
news:as5qk4$njn$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> Have an entry under "Graphics Primitives"
> Have an entry under "Primitives"
> Have an entry under "Graphics Directives"
> Have an entry under "Directives"

Dave,

I almost always use the on line Help Browser

Set the category to Master Index and these are found.

The first three are in the printed book's index,

--
Allan

---------------------
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK
www.haystack.demon.co.uk
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198
Fax: +44 (0)870 164 0565

"DGolber" <dgolber at aol.com> wrote in message
news:as5qk4$njn$1 at smc.vnet.net...

> >Hi,
> >
> >look at the online-help for Graphics[] !
> >
> >What is listed first ??
> >
> >"The following graphics primitives can be used:"
> >
> >and
> >
> >"The following graphics directives can be used:"
> >
> >What else can be done ? Should the text color red ?
> >and flashing ?
> >
> >Regards
> >  Jens
> >

> Have an entry under "Graphics Primitives"
> Have an entry under "Primitives"
> Have an entry under "Graphics Directives"
> Have an entry under "Directives"
>
> The object of an index is to let people find stuff, who don't know the
"right"
> way to ask.
>
> Dave Golber
>

> >DGolber wrote:
> >>
> >> So today I'm doing some graphics.  Oh: there are _options_ and
> >_directives_.
> >>
> >> So I try to find out what are all the graphics primatives?
> >>
> >> When you look in the index of the 1500 page book, or type "Graphics
> >Primatives"
> >> in the on-line Help, you don't find it.  You have to look under
Graphics or