Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38089] Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2
  • From: zeno <zeno1234 at mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:29:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

OK, here is what it does for me....
I am using Mathematica 4.2.1 with Macintosh OS X 10.1.5....

If i use the "shoft key", and I select a cell, then select another cell
while skipping some cells, it still selects all the cells between the 2
that i have selected....I then copy those and I paste them into a new
notebook. Even though it selected some cells that i did not want
selected, it does still paste the individual cells into the new
notebook.

However, if I use the "command key" instead of the "shirt key", I can
select individual cells to copy with out it selecting the cells
inbetween, meaning i can only selct the particular cells i want to
select, and they still paste as individual cells.

not sure if your using the "command key" will enable you to paste into
seperate cells but its worth a shot. try the Command key instead of the
shirt key...