Re: Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38148] Re: [mg38120] Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:22:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Rainer Gruber wrote:

> Sadly, its the same with Mathemtica 4.0 under Linux. I also
> miss other features what are very convinient in Windows:
> - Selecting arbitrary cells by pressing the Ctrl-key

Under X Window front ends, you must use the Mod1 key instead of the Ctrl
key.  This is usually mapped to the Alt key on a standard PC keyboard.  If
this Mod1-Mouse1 does not work, check your window manager configuration to
see if this key sequence is mapped to a window manager operation.  If so,
you will need to change the window manager configuration because window
manager mappings take precedence over application mappings.

> - Clicking on a cell bracket after pressing the Alt-key
> selects all cells of the same type in the whole notebook

This is accomplished with the Mod2 key, which on XFree86 is typically
mapped to the NumLock key on a standard PC keyboard.  Since NumLock works
as a toggle, care must be exercised when using this key.  Because
depressing Mod2 modifies the editing environment in a nontrivial way,
you'll find yourself hampered if you inadvertently leave the key toggled
on.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com