Re: How do i enter index AND power

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38184] Re: [mg38135] How do i enter index AND power
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:26:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Presumably, you would like to have a variable with a subscript and an
exponent. For example, type x, then Ctrl-MinusSign. Then you will get the x
with an active template in the lower part where you have to type the
subscript. Type 1, say. You get the x with a subscript 1. Then type ^2. You
get the x with subscript 1 followed by ^2. Then select the cell and choose
Cell | Convert To | Input Form, and then again Cell | Convert To | Standard
Form. You will get a nice x with subscript 1 and exponent 2.
As for the integral, why not use a palette? Apparently you don't have any
palette open. File | Palettes | Basic Input will open a very nice palette
having, among other things, the definite integral where you just have to
fill in the spaces for limits of integration, integrand, and variable of
integration.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City