Re: 3D Animations are killing my system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38150] Re: 3D Animations are killing my system
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:23:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Mathematica must keep all the frames of you animation in
memory and this is probably to much.

You can make simple animations with MathGL3d

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/mathgl3dv3/

as explained in the MVManual.nb. But it depend a bit on the
complexity of your scene and the actual speeed of MathLink.

Regards
  Jens