Setting output precision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38259] Setting output precision
  • From: Jean-François Léon <jfleon at crtholdings.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:10:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I need to save a mathematica output in a file with a given number of digit
and in scientific format.(-fortranlike output)
I tried ScientificForm but it only alter the format as displayed by
mathemetica.
I then tried SetPrecision and I found that I could only control the total
number of digit and so does notsolve my problem
Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Jeff