saving a notebook into LaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38288] saving a notebook into LaTeX
  • From: Jason Miller <millerj at truman.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:18:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Listers,
I need some help, here.  I'm using Mathematica 4.2 on OS X and I'd
like to save a notebook so that I can include it in a LaTeX file.
According to the Wolfram site, Mathematica has a convenient "save as"
option just for this sort of task.  Unfortunately, I can't get it to
work for the life of me.  The notebook saves, but it won't compile.

I use TeXShop, a very standard LaTeX environment for OS X that's
built (I believe) on top of teTeX.  Per the 'request' of my LaTeX
compiler, I've located copies of notebook2e.sty and wrisym.sty, but
this doesn't help; the fatal error is something like '! LaTeX Error:
This NFSS system isn't set up properly.'

Does anybody out there have a slick solution to my problem?  It seems
to me that Wolfram should have made this process work out-of-the-box
with standard installations of Mathematica 4.2 and standard
installation of LaTeX utilities.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

I hope somebody out there can give me a hand with this.  (FWIW, I
have access to latex and Mathematics 4.2 on linux and NT platforms,
too.)

--
Jason Miller, Ph.D.
Division of Mathematics and Computer Science