portable issues with zip files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38464] portable issues with zip files
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:53:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

David Park (djmp at earthlink.net) has Mathematica packages posted as zip files
at  http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/Mathematica.html
and he recommends that I use the same approach for packages I post on
mathsource.  I have been able to download and install his packages on my PC
without problem. However can Mac and Unix users handle the zip files?  If
they can't, can I create the compressed files Mac and Unix users need using
my PC?

Thanks,
  Ted Ersek
   ersektr at navair.navy.mil