Re: Integration bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38516] Re: Integration bug
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:40:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for the nice debug code.  Since the x was so close to y & z, I
tried your code with the letter t.
I got the same results.  Both Upper & Lower case letters after ?t?
worked, but not for letters prior to "t".

I changed your code slightly to remove the Imaginary ?I? letter.

Removeall  -> "All Global` variables Removed!"

lst = Drop[CharacterRange["A", "z"], {27, 32}];

lst = Drop[lst, {9}];

({#1, Integrate[Sin[#1 + t]/(#1 + t), {t, -Infinity, Infinity}]} & ) /@
ToExpression /@ lst

The examples so far used only single letters.  I tried it with a
variable "junk1".  The results that I show are the same.  Upper & Lower
letters after "j" worked, but not for letters prior to "j".

{#, Integrate[Sin[# + Junk1]/(# + Junk1),
  {Junk1, -Infinity, Infinity}]} & /@ ToExpression /@ lst

I have been looking everywhere, but cannot find the few other examples
that had this bug with the letter "d".  However, now we see that the
problem appears to be worse than we thought.   Sounds like a "serious"
bug to me.

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP