- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32224] System Ax=b!
- From: Rebeka Renko <irc_rebecca at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 03:16:55 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi! I would really be happy, if someone could help me. I was trying to write a program in mathematica on how to solve the system Ax=b with partial pivoting, where A is a three-diagonal matrix(a matrix that only has numbers on the main diagonal and on two diagonals that are lying on both sides from that main diagonal, every other element is 0), but came nowhere. That is why it would be nice if someone has any suggestions how I could do that. I am looking forward on your answer and am thanking you in advance! Regards Rebeka __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail! http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/