RE: Plot2D: How to attach names to plotted functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32275] RE: [mg32240] Plot2D: How to attach names to plotted functions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 23:37:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Klaus,

Use Epilog to include Text statements. First, make the plot without the Text
statements and then click off the coordinates to put into the Text
statements.

Plot[{Sin[x], Cos[x]}, {x, 0, Pi},
    Epilog -> {Text[Sin[x], {1.24979, 0.430723}, {-1, 0}],
        Text[Cos[x], {2.4861, 0.735828}, {-1, 0}]}];

To click off coordinates:
1) select the graphic cell.
2) hold down Ctrl and position the cursor to the point you want to click
off.
3) click and then use copy, either from the menu or the context menu.
4) paste into the Text statement.

Look up Text in Help for a complete explanation of its operation.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net