A MathLink question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32301] A MathLink question
  • From: Susumu Okumura <okumura at mech.usp.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 05:18:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a question about the communication with VisualBasic program
and MathKernel.

A small program in Mathematica:

Module[{i},
  For[i = 1, i <= 100, i++,
    Print["i = ", i]
    ]
  ]

prints out:
i = 1
i = 2
i = 99
i = 100.

When I make a program using MathLink between mathkernel.exe and VisualBasic
on a Windows98 computer VisualBasic gets the output as one block of
i = 1
i = 2
i = 100
from the mathkernel at the same time. I do not like this behavior.
I would like to have the output one by one.
How can I write VisualBasic program or Mathematica program to have such
an output.

---
Susumu
Dept. of Mechanical Systems Engineering