Re: What if the symbol doesn't exist?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32332] Re: What if the symbol doesn't exist?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:30:10 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, script E is \[ScriptCapitalE] or as Frontend alias <Esc> scE <Esc> where <Esc> is the escape key on your keyboard. Look into the documentation of the Notation package (Help|Add-ons|Extras|Utilities|Notation Package) to use a variable that is written and read as Subscript[x,y] Regards Jens "Vinh N. Pham" wrote: > > Hi, > I'm trying to use a symbol (the script E, not capital E) but I can't > find it anywhere on on the list of symbols. I guess that it doesn't exist > as defaults in Mathematica 4. Are there any ways I can install new symbols? > On a separate issue, are there any ways I can I can use a variable with > subscript? For example x with subscript y mean one variable not > Subscript[x,y] > > Thanks, > > Vinh