Front end: Window properties

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32335] Front end: Window properties
  • From: Stegemann at physikDONOT.SPAMtu-berlin.de (Grischa Stegemann)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:30:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is it possible to configure the properties of new front end windows
in 4.0.2.0X?

For instance I would like the help browser window to pop up larger
than the default size of 500x627.
But if I try to change
Global options -> Dialog settings -> HelpBrowserSettings -> WindowSize
accordingly it doesn't seem to have any effect. The help window opens
as usual with its default size and the mentioned values in the option
inspector switch back to 500x627.

BTW, I cannot select "apply" in the option inspector (it is greyed
out). Maybe that's the actual problem, I don't know.

In the same way I want new notebook windows and the file selection
dialog to open larger than usual. And last but not least it would be
really cool if the file selection dialog always would open in
"advanced" mode. Is this possible?

Bye, Grischa
   Grischa Stegemann                     Technische Universität Berlin --