Re: distance Frame <-> labels?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32433] Re: [mg32294] distance Frame <-> labels?
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:03:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 03:35 AM 1/11/2002, Harald von der Osten-Woldenburg wrote:
>Hi,
>
>for publications I would like to control the distance of the labels to
>the Frame in Graphics. Is this possible?
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Harry
>
>--
>Harald von der Osten-Woldenburg
>Geophysical Prospection of Archaeological Sites
>National Heritage Department of Baden-Wuerttemberg
>Silberburgstrasse 193, D-70178 Stuttgart
>Fax Office: +49-(0)711-1694-707
>http://www.lb.netic.de/hvdosten : Geomagnetics, Geoelectrics, Radar, EMI

One of the little known things about text used in graphics (PlotLabels,
FrameLabels, etc.) is that they understand StandardForm strings. This means
that if you add color, typesetting, and other features to the strings as
long as you apply the change inside the quotes. So if you want to move the
labels a small amount, you can use an AdjustmentBox (Alt-arrow on Windows).

If you want complete control over the labels, you should use a Text
primitive in place of FrameLabel.

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"

Spend less time searching and more time finding.
http://www.wz.com/internet/Mathematica.html