Re: Pink Parentheses

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32421] Re: Pink Parentheses
  • From: "Seth Chandler" <schandler at houston.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:03:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There was a talk on this at the 2001 developer's conference.

Creating Notations, Templated Structures, and Tensors
Jason Harris, Wolfram Research, Inc.
This talk will cover creating notations in Mathematica. It will progress
from creating basic notations to details on creating templated structures
via TagBoxes and the corresponding notations to use for these structures.
With these techniques a "proper" implementation of Dirac's Bra Ket Notation
will be presented. Several other advanced features of the notation package,
such as adding input aliases and the Action option, will be mentioned. These
techniques will culminate in a presentation of a notation for Tensors, which
fully works in both input and output. Finally, a highly efficient algorithm
to canonicalize tensorial expressions will be demonstrated. Functioning with
the created tensorial notation, by an innovative technique this algorithm
circumvents the dummy index relabeling problem of tensor calculus. The
complete algorithm handles linear symmetries such as the Bianchi identities
as well as fullAy accommodating partial derivatives and mixed index classes.

http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/devconf2001/#frontend

news:a2b3ds$lgp$1 at smc.vnet.net...