Re: Break up very long expression for C implementation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32538] Re: Break up very long expression for C implementation
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:07:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

here is an example

In[]:=
expr=x^2 + 2*(x^2 - 1) - 1/x^2;
oexp = Experimental`OptimizeExpression[expr,
    OptimizationLevel -> 2];

Out[]=
Experimental`OptimizedExpression[Block[{$67, $68},
  $67 = x^2; $68 = $67^(-1); -$68 + $67 + 2*(-1 + $67)]]

Now you need a Hold[] instead of Experimental`OptimizedExpression[]
because, otherwise Mathematica will revert the optimization, when
the block is evaluated.

Hold @@ oexp

But it needs a sufficient part of additional work
to make C code from it.

Regards
  Jens

Hold @@ oexp