Re: operating system
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32584] Re: operating system
- From: cjt <cheljuba at prodigy.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:19:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Bernd Brandt wrote: > > Dear group, > > I have a notebook with saved output cells; all calculated with > Mathematica 4.0.2 on SUN Solaris7. > Now we have Solaris8 and it looks like the results of my matrix > calculations are different (e.g. 0.00676 <-> 0.00684). > Could this indeed depend on the OS (using the same SUN computer). All > is with the same Mathematica 4.0.2 executable. > > I know that Mathematica on different CPUs as well as different executables may show these differences, but how about this case? > > Regards, > Bernd Are both installations 64 (or 32) bit (assuming a 64 bit Sun)? If not, are you using any machine arithmetic?