Cut and paste: General rules ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34724] Cut and paste: General rules ?
  • From: lamontgra at yahoo.com (Graham)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 01:46:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I recently spent about an hour "debugging" a function only to find
that the function was fine, I had just cut and pasted part of the
function from somewhere else in Mathematica. When I just deleted that part and
typed verbatim what had been there, it was fine.

Before, I just kept getting:
Syntax::"sntxi": "Incomplete expression; more input is

Are there rules about what you can and cant cut and paste ?
Better still is there anyway to make Mathematica let you C+P ?

Thanks