Re: How can I turn the display into an output ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34906] Re: [mg34822] How can I turn the display into an output ?
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:15:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To simplify matters, take a simple plot, like:

In[1]:=
a=Plot[Sin[x],{x,-Pi,Pi}];

You get a nice display. But suppose you want to use the "output" for further
analysis. Then look at

In[2]:=
FullForm[a]

(I omit the output). Here you get a lot of useful information, which you may
then use as you wish. I hope this is what you were asking for.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City