Re: Palette resizing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34913] Re: Palette resizing
  • From: dcollins at outbacksoftware.com (Dave Collins)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:16:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

rigelstar_99 at yahoo.com (Daniel) wrote in message news:<adv69c$jq$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> My basic input palette has been resized to the size of my screen.
> While I can move it out of the way of the notebook it is very annoying
> because of the size of the palette.  How do I get the palette back to
> its original size.  Is there a file which I can edit manually?  I have
> searched without luck.

The basic input palette is just a notebook, BasicInput.nb (on my
Mathematica 4.1/Windows, it's located in
Mathematica\4.1\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\Palettes). Toward the end of
the file are the parameters governing window size and positioning,
e.g., WindowSize->{Fit, Fit}. Presumably this file has become
corrupted, and I guess you could carefully try to fix it in a text
editor.(The options inspector does not seem to allow changing options
in the system palette notebooks.)

Better, I think, to just restore it from the original distribution.
Search your Wolfram CD for "BasicInput.nb"--you'll find two copies
of the file, one for Windows (PC), one for Unix.

-- Dave Collins