Re: Mathematica and AMPL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35077] Re: [mg35049] Mathematica and AMPL
  • From: Sseziwa Mukasa <mukasa at jeol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:21:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Thursday, June 20, 2002, at 11:54 PM, Mozart Menezes wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a new user of Mathematica and I am interested in a way of
> exchanging
> information between Mathematica and AMPL/CPLEX.
> The idea is to run an optimization problem using AMPL and then based on
> the
> optimal solution results modify the original optimization parameters
> using
> Mathematica ; rerun the optimization problem with the new parameters ...
> You got the point.
> I need advice in how I can exchange information  between Mathematica and
> AMPL without human intervention. Can you help me ?
> Thanks,
> Mozart Menezes

I'm not familiar with AMPL, but you can use Mathlink to write C programs
which can communicate with the Mathematica kernel.  If there is a C
programming interface to AMPL, or something that can ultimately
communicate with a C program, then using Mathlink is a possible
solution.  There is also J/link which is Mathlink for Java.

Regards,

Ssezi