Re: which book is good to learn the programming in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33081] Re: which book is good to learn the programming in Mathematica?
  • From: jflanigan at netzero.net (jose flanigan)
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:51:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mastering Mathematica : Programming Methods and Applications by John W.
Gray -- excellent discussions on useful aspects of Mathematica,
especially how to use the front-end. The whole book was written in
Mathematica, by the way and is provided in the attached CD. There are
numerous references on programming the front-end.

A physicist's Guide To Mathematica by Tam -- Not as programming
oriented as POWER PROGRAMMING book, but with many extensively worked
out physical examples from mechanics, E&M, Quantum physics.

Wagner, POWER PROGRAMMING WITH The MATHEMATICA KERNEL.  -- Excellent
programmer's discussion of the various structures and general
philosophy of the language design including functional and rule-based
programming