Definition needed !
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33106] Definition needed !
- From: "max" <dpmbsn at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 06:30:30 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm after a little clarification/support on a definition. The concern stems from certain sources using the terminlogy 'stationary point' and 'Turning point' as having the same meaning. My stance is that Stationary points can be Max, Min or Inflexion, whereas Turning points can only be used for Max or Min points. Your views will be welcomed Max