Quadratic non-linear ODE.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33146] Quadratic non-linear ODE.
  • From: Javier <estudfis at yahoo.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:08:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, how are you? We are almost graduated physics
students from south america. Due to our final work,
certain coupled non-linear ODE systems have appear,
and we don't have any idea about how to resolve it, in
spite we attempt to. For our purposes, we would need
analytical solutions -if there exist- for the
following systems,

        dx/dt = ax^2 + by^2

        dx/dt = cx^2

        dx/dt = axy + by^2
        dy/dt = cxy + dx^2

Where a, b, c and d are known constants paremeters of
the problem. We would be very grateful if you can help
us with this matter. We were able to fit numerically
the solutions for both systems, in a relatively wide
range of values, but we did not find anything aboout
the analytical solutions for none of the systems. In
brief words, for our work we would need the explicit
expressions for x(t) and y(t), if they are known, of
course. If you can help us, please contact us at,

            estudfis at yahoo.com.au

We are very grateful, since this moment.
Sincerely,

        Javier Krshpa Sánchez and Héctor Rivera Firpo

                                 Montevideo, Uruguay.

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.