initializing notebook defaults..problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33163] initializing notebook defaults..problems
  • From: "David O'Brien" <obriendavid at excite.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 01:55:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematica is presently having problems starting up on my machine.
The splash screen comes up, but then it just hangs on "initializing
notebook defaults". I thought that some files may have gotten
corrupted in the installation due to recent system crashes,
so I reinstalled it, but this did not get rid of the problem.
Anyone out there have the same problem - and if you know how to
fix it I would be very grateful..!