- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33168] Re: [mg33145] Inherited
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 01:55:53 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Ken Morgan wrote: > Could someone please explain what the Inherited symbol is and what it does? > (It's often seen in the CellMargins option for Cell.) I can't find any > information in Help, The Book, or the Mathematica website. The Inherited symbol conveys that a front end option at a given scope should be inherited from the closest broader scope that has this option setting specified explicitly. See Section 2.10.8 of _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition) for a brief discussion of option value inheritance. I've also posted additional material to this forum. http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1998/Apr/msg00130.html -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.