Thanks to all for the help - and a roadie question....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33192] Thanks to all for the help - and a roadie question....
  • From: "1.156" <rob at piovere.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:23:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As usual this group comes up with the solutions and no flames. Thanks to you all.

Seems like the ticket is to just make a two dimensional array with the first entry being the x axis values and then ListPlot that array.

Now I have another question (as usual).  I can reach out and grab a piece of a 1 dimensional list to plot by
ListPlot[ Take[ list, {m,n} ]  ]     this plots list from entries m to n.

How do you do this with a 2 dimensional array so I can plot whatever section of the data I want?
Example, if
2list = { {x1,y1}, {x2,y2}.....{xn,yn} }

How do I use Take[] or an equivalent to select a section of this list to plot?  Nothing mentioned about
this in the book that I can find.  Tried a bunch of things with no luck.

What say ye cypherists?

Thanks again, Rob