MathGroup Archive 2002

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Thanks to all for the help - and a roadie question....

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33192] Thanks to all for the help - and a roadie question....
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:23:47 -0500 (EST)
  • References: <a61v3u$gpm$1@smc.vnet.net>
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As usual this group comes up with the solutions and no flames. Thanks to you all.

Seems like the ticket is to just make a two dimensional array with the first entry being the x axis values and then ListPlot that array.

Now I have another question (as usual).  I can reach out and grab a piece of a 1 dimensional list to plot by
ListPlot[ Take[ list, {m,n} ]  ]     this plots list from entries m to n.

How do you do this with a 2 dimensional array so I can plot whatever section of the data I want?
Example, if
2list = { {x1,y1}, {x2,y2}.....{xn,yn} }

How do I use Take[] or an equivalent to select a section of this list to plot?  Nothing mentioned about
this in the book that I can find.  Tried a bunch of things with no luck.

What say ye cypherists?

Thanks again, Rob

"1.156" wrote:

> Greetings cypherists, I have another problem that I bring up only after a long time of putting up with no solution.  I have a list which I plot but the integer x axis of the plot is not scaled to suit me. Each position in the list results from some
> increment of a variable which I'd like to represent on the graph.  About all I've been able to do so far is to rig up the list so that each entry in the array/list being plotted represents some integer multiple of the actual variable so things don't get
> too confusing.  For example:
>
> x=Table[Sin[z],{z, 3.0, 0.01}];
> ListPlot[x]
>
> The plot looks nice but the x axis goes from 0 to 300 and I'd like it to go from say, 0 to 600 (MHz).  Surely this is easily done but I haven't found a single example of this in the books or in reviewing the posts on this ng.
>
> Options[ListPlot] doesn't help me either.
>
> This is no problem when using Plot[] on a continuous variable.
>
> Help appreciated as usual.  Thanks.
>
> Rob

• Prev by Date: Re: Plotting from a file
  • Next by Date: Re: Bug in Simplify?
  • Previous by thread: integral transform definition
  • Next by thread: Re: Thanks to all for the help - and a roadie question....