Re: integral transform definition

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33204] Re: integral transform definition
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:19:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

what's wrong with a creation of the pure function
in MyTransf[]

Kern[a_, p_, q_] := Sin[a p q]

MyTransf[n_, func_, t_] :=
  Module[{s, trafo},
    trafo = Integrate[Kern[n, t, s] func[s], {s, 0, 2 Pi}];
    Function @@ {trafo /. t -> #1}
    ]

than

r1 = MyTransf[m, foo[w, #] &, t];

and

MyTransf[l, r1[t], t]

work as exprected.

You may generate the pure function also in MyTransf[] first
with

MyTransf[n_, f_, s_, t_] := Module[{trafo, func, w},
    func = Function @@ { f /. s -> #1};
    trafo = Integrate[Kern[n, t, w] func[w], {w, 0, 2 Pi}]
    ]

but this is a bit strange because you easy mix up
the dummy variable s, you nesting mus now be written as

MyTransf[m, MyTransf[m, foo[w, s], s, s1], s1, t]

Regards
  Jens