FindRoot, with Catch and Throw?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33238] FindRoot, with Catch and Throw?
- From: <bradamanteus at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:05:25 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
My FindRoot usually fails in finding the root. The only thing that works is if I change the starting values. I want to use the failed approximation that results from a failed FindRoot expression and substitute this into one of the starting values and then run FindRoot again. How can I automate this. Do I use Catch and Throw ? If so how? Mathematica Amateur Leanne Ussher