FindRoot, with Catch and Throw?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33238] FindRoot, with Catch and Throw?
  • From: <bradamanteus at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:05:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My FindRoot usually fails in finding the root. The only thing that works is
if I change the starting values. I want to use the failed approximation that
results from a failed FindRoot expression and substitute this into one of
the starting values and then run FindRoot again. How can I automate this. Do
I use Catch and Throw ? If so how?

Mathematica Amateur
Leanne Ussher