Re: question about Macintosh computers with dual CPU chips
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33242] Re: [mg33220] question about Macintosh computers with dual CPU chips
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:05:33 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, David E. Burmaster wrote: > Will the latest version of Mathematica take advantage of two CPU chips > on a brand-new Macintosh computer running Mac OS X (Version 10.1)? > > In other words, will Mathematica sense the presence of two CPUs and > distribute tasks to them both? For all architectures upon which Mathematica runs, the answer is "no." -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.