Help needed regarding function MLOpenString

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33324] Help needed regarding function MLOpenString
  • From: akash gupta <aks_gupta at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:51:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi:

We have this application which uses MathLink. It runs
perfectly fine with version 4.0 but hangs with the
version 4.1.

The function that hangs is MLOPenString()

Can you please help me with this. I went through the
online documentation but it seems there is no change
in this function in the two versions. Therefore cannot
figure out why one works and the other not.

Thanks,
Akash Gupta

The code is something like this
/*******************************************/
ep =  MLInitialize( (MLParametersPointer)0);
if( ep == (MLENV)0) return(OpenMathLinkError);
atexit( deinit);
GetPrivateProfileString("Mathematica","InitString",
"-linkname 'c:\\program files\\wolfram
research\\mathematica\\3.0\\mathkernel' -mathlink",
InitString, 254, "QRAS.INI");
lp=MLOpenString(ep,InitString,&err);

Two values of InitString are
For 4.0
InitString=-linkname 'c:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\4.1\Mathkernel.exe' -mathlink

For 4.1
InitString=-linkname 'c:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\4.0\Mathkernel.exe' -mathlink