Re: newbie question - printing Pi

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33409] Re: newbie question - printing Pi
  • From: adam.smith at hillsdale.edu (Adam Smith)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:53:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This does almost exactly what you want.  I did it only for 100 digits.

NumberForm[N[Pi, 100], DigitBlock -> 5, NumberSeparator -> {",", " "}]

In order to get the number of columns you want you will have to resize
the window.  The output "regroups" automatically.

There is probably some way to do this without resizing the window. But
I could not figure out a simple way to do it.  I assumed since you are
new to this you wanted the simplest answer.  Maybe some of the experts
in formatting output will give you a more sophisticated method.

Adam Smith