Mathlink formulas return different results

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33551] Mathlink formulas return different results
  • From: "Lawrence A. Walker Jr." <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:14:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have created a transistor modeling application that uses Mathlink to
set up a link between by custom made functions and Mathematica.

The problem I've been running into is that every time I execute a
particular function (the C function linked to Mathematica via Mathlink)
in the Mathematica session, I get three different results using the same
input!

I ran into a similar problem before.  I fixed the problem by removing
from the template file (*.tm) any definitions of functions that I was
calling from the main function.  For instance, let's say I have a C
function called foo.  This function calls another function goo.  And I
define both foo and goo in the template as Foo[] and Goo[].  This setup
led to the aforementioned problem.  When I removed goo/Goo definitions
from the template (*.tm) the problem went away.

I've read Todd Gayley's tutorial on Mathlink.

This seems like this may be a common problem.  Is there something
special I should be doing to eliminate this problem?  Does it have some
to do with 'flushing packets'?

Thanks,
Lawrence

--